Well, another two weeks has flashed right before my eyes. It doesn't seem that we do much, but we must or I'd feel like I'd have more time on my hands!
We took a drive up into the mountains a few weekends past and were in awe of all of God's creation around us. We never even left post, yet it felt like we were in another world! When we lived in El Paso, we had to drive hours to get these vistas! We saw pine trees (one even had a cactus growing on one of it's branches), waterfalls, pictographs, and deer like you would not believe (upwards of 40). Here are some pictures:
We took a drive up into the mountains a few weekends past and were in awe of all of God's creation around us. We never even left post, yet it felt like we were in another world! When we lived in El Paso, we had to drive hours to get these vistas! We saw pine trees (one even had a cactus growing on one of it's branches), waterfalls, pictographs, and deer like you would not believe (upwards of 40). Here are some pictures:
Grace received a box of new clothes that my mom had made for her, enclosed with all of them was my old chima-jeogori, which she calls her "Cinderella dress".
I also had my first experience "cutting" my son's hair. What a riot! I followed the directions to a tee, and boy did I screw up! He went from a cute, innocent boy, to looking like the troublemaker he really is! At least we don't have any formal pictures scheduled until October so his hair will have time to grow out again.
David is building a headboard for Grace in the shape of a doll house. He had a great time working in his "shop" (or my garage) over the weekend. He got it all put together and now just has to get it painted (her favorite colors of course - pink and purple). He's already talking about building something for Tristan, and he is still in a toddler bed!
And finally, yesterday morning Tristan woke up really early and I couldn't get him to go back to sleep. So, knowing he couldn't get into much trouble, I fell back to sleep - and apparently he did too at some point...
The kids and I will be heading up to Chicago next week for my Grandma's 99th birthday. I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures after that trip... How I love Chicago!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys are enjoying your new place. Do you ever get used to moving?? I HATE moving!! It probably does make it a little easier that the military packs up for you...that is the worst part for me.
I love the view from your new place. It looks so beautiful. I would love to see the mountains every day.
Take care!
Love, Rachael
Post a Comment