Saturday, November 15, 2008

Caution - Small parts


Having kids, we've all read "Caution - small parts, not for children under 3". Well, I've never been too concerned with that statement because I've never had a child who made me think I needed to worry... until last night. I was sitting in my rocker making a grocery list while Grace and Tristan were sitting on the floor playing. I wasn't paying much attention to them because they were getting along just fine. Then Grace speaks up and says "Mommy, Tristan put Aurora's shoe in his nose." Mind you, Aurora's shoe belongs to a doll that is about 3 inches tall, and who's foot is about 1/4 inch long - and it fits perfectly in a 2 year old's nostril. This shoe is also pink, which makes it rather difficult to see in said nostril. So, I take Tristan back to his room, lay him on his bed and proceed to try to remove this shoe with a pair of tweezers. He thinks that this is funny, and he's flailing his arms and giggling because it "tickles" when the tweezers are in his nose. I did finally remove Aurora's shoe after several attempts (dang slippery shoe!) and life is now back to normal. I'm just glad Grace saw him do this or who knows what would have happened - little boys spend a lot of time with their fingers up their nose...

Grace with one of her Halloween suckers

Not much else has been going on - just hanging out around the house when we're not running about to one of Grace's activities. I find life is a little easier on me these days if I stay busy...

1 comment:

Rachael C said...

Oh my! That little stinker! So glad you got it out. He looks so grown up in that picture!

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...