The kids went to the dentist yesterday for their 6 month check-up. Both of them came out with their renewal membership to the "No Cavity Club", and Grace was finally able to tell the dentist that she no longer sucks her thumb. Hooray!!
This is a pediatric dentist, so they've got lots of stuff to play with while you wait, and after you've seen the dentist you get to choose stickers and a treasure from the treasure chest (every mother's favorite - junk toys). They also have these funky flavors of toothpaste - Grace chose watermelon and said it didn't taste very good, so next time she said she'd tell them she wanted chocolate if they had it... Anyhow, we came out of the dentist's office with both of the kids in agreement that they'd like to go to the dentist every day. Are my kids wierd or what?!
After doing such a wonderful job at the dentist, I gave in to their ever hounding requests to go to McDonald's (whenever we say we're going out to eat, Grace always asks if she can choose the restaurant). I don't think it's the food so much as the ability to run free around a restaurant and play...
If you're too big to slide down the little slide, just jump!
A well deserved drink of lemonade after a hard day of play!
2 comments:
They look like twins in the first picture! So cute!
They have gotten rid of all the playrooms at the McDonald's here and I'm so bummed about that. They are a great place to get some energy out!
What adorable kids! Of course I'm just a bit biased. Congrats on the "No cavity club". Talked to Dave on Sat. and Sunday, sounded like he was seeing the sights. I'm sure that he will be glad to get home to you and the kids. Love and prayers, Judi
Post a Comment