Sunday, October 18, 2009

A busy day

After our adventures picking pumpkins and apples (of which I'm still making pies from), we headed over to the Chiricahua National Monument. Mom said that she'd like to see the rocks in person since she thought our pictures were so neat, so we drove south a ways (since we were already so far east, we thought we'd save ourselves some time in the car and do it all the same day).
Ready to do some rock climbing
I was really nervous with my baby girl up there...

Please note that that object in the purple circle (above) is my daughter. She showed absolutely no fear this day, and took off scaling the side of a rock before David could tell her to stop. I was sick to my stomach to think that she was that high off the ground, and I had no idea what was on the top of that rock. We did manage to talk her down, and David provided foot holds for her as she got closer to the ground...
David trying to teach the kids how to catch a lizard. Don't you have to know what you're doing before you can teach others how? ;)

No comments:

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...