Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Birthday David!

Though it was a busy day, we paused to take time to celebrate David's 38th birthday.  David's favorite cake is Angel Food Cake, and Grace just so happened to find a recipe in her Paula Deen cookbook that called for it and strawberries (and you know by now how we all feel about the strawberries here!).  So, while Grace was at school, Tristan and I whipped up the cake, and when Grace got home, she got busy making her dessert for her daddy.

She first had to tear it up into bite-size pieces.
Then spread a cream cheese/evaporated milk combo over it.
Then it was time to add some frozen strawberries (I was really thankful we found this recipe so I could use the berries I had frozen!).
She repeated the layers, and we topped it off with a bunch of whipped cream.

It then had to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours while we went to Grace's T-ball game.  We then went out for supper and surprised him when we got home.
The finished product - with 1 candle per decade, and 8 strawberries.
Grace bravely carrying her creation to her daddy.
(Pardon the mess in my living room, I was working on stuff for Grace's class and we had received a couple of packages that day) 
I do believe he was pleasantly surprised.

Happy Birthday, David!  We love you!
(and I promise I'll cook you a nice supper this weekend!)

No comments:

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...