It's been a challenge being here and getting the kid's pictures taken - there is a "studio" here on post, and I have met some people who do photography (but I don't really want to pay the price when they're using a camera quite similar to mine), but it was just so easy back in the States to call Sears and make an appointment (then all I had to worry about was standing on my head to make the kids smile, not take the picture too)... David encouraged me last year to do the kids' pictures myself, and I think I did okay, but I was always worried about not knowing how to compose the setting to get a good shot - and I didn't have any backgrounds or props, which really posed a problem for shooting an infant who is not sitting up on her own yet. I felt a little more confident this year as I've been learning more about my camera and all of it's functions, and am proud to say that not one of these pictures was taken in auto mode.
I finally found some time, a sunny day (our bedroom gets fabulous light in the morning), and got Naomi to cooperate.
And then she started this...
And when she got her thumb, I was almost certain we were done.
But then she got over it and I ended up having to choose from all of these!
This is why I spend so much money on prints...
No comments:
Post a Comment