Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dedicated to the Lord

We have a fabulous group of families here that meet every Thursday night for Bible study.  Peter Adams, our leader, is a pastor who is in the Army working towards his Chaplaincy.  David and I have been discussing having Naomi baptized or dedicated for quite some time, but we couldn't decide the who, what, where, or when of it all.  Since we now are Baptists, we knew that baptism in our church was out of the question, since Baptists don't practice infant baptism.  We understand that, but still had mixed emotions about not having Naomi baptized, simply because Grace and Tristan were baptized.  We eventually decided that it didn't really matter if there was water involved or not, we were still committing ourselves to raising Naomi as God directs, to teach her about Him and prayerfully seek Him in all things.  Peter baptized several members of our Bible study at Chapel a couple weeks ago, so David and I decided that we would ask him if he would do a baby dedication, and he gladly obliged.  We decided that we would do it at our Bible study because we feel that they are truly our "church" family here. 
Most of our group 
This little princess somehow knew this was her moment. 
I received a rose which symbolizes the nurturing required to raise a child of God.
Something that starts small, but blooms into something beautiful with proper care. 
David received a stone which symbolizes strength.
He is to provide a firm foundation and be her rock in times of trial. 
These grins are courtesy of Kayden who was playing peek-a-boo with her.
Naomi received a Bible with an inscription that reads: "This book will lead you through life or life will lead you away from this book.  May it always be the former and never the latter. 
Psalm 37:23 'The steps of a man are established by the LORD, and He delights in his way.'" 
Naomi Mae Samuelson, dedicated to the Lord, February 9, 2012 
Of course I had to make a cake for the occasion!
Mom gave me a Cricut Cake for Christmas, and I was finally able to try it out. It cuts out designs and letters from fondant, sugar sheets and gum paste. I can tell it's gonna be a lot of fun to play with!

2 comments:

Rachael C said...

God Bless Naomi! What a special day. Great job on the cake!

The Stafford Crew said...

I am so happy that we could be apart of this amazing day! I am honored to be your friend and to be walking this journey of motherhood along side of you! You are an amazing woman of God and your family is a testimony of what a God-fearing family should look like! I pray that through the years, our walk together as moms will only strengthen and that our childrens faith will overflow from within... I am so thankful that the Lord allowed our paths to cross!! You encourage me! Love you friend!

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...