Sunday, April 7, 2013

An-nyeong-hi kye-se-yo Korea

Today is the day we say goodbye to Korea.  I'm sad, I think we all are.  I know I've said a million times just how much we have loved it here.  Looking back on my feelings about this "strange" country when I first arrived, I never anticipated I would have come to love this place.  You are forced to get to know and love your neighbors here, because it's not always easy to get home to your family.  So the people here become your family, and I'm going to miss that.
 
The cat is not happy.  Drugged, but not happy.  And there's a yapping dog that's about to drive all of us nuts.
This is what we will be living out of for the next 6 weeks: 10 suitcases.
A cart piled high for each of us.
Naomi's already beat.  Chicago, here we come!
 
Korea, thanks for the memories. We will forever hold you dear in our hearts!

No comments:

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...