Yesterday Grace and I ventured up to the Coronado Cave with her fellow Kindergartners to do a little
spelunking.

Getting some instruction from the ranger

Up we go!

Here I go again with the beautiful views!
There was no path to get into this cave. We had to climb over, in, and down to get in there. The adults (mainly the men) went in first and formed sort of a chain that the kids were able to reach from person to person to help them if needed.

The entrance to the cave

This little girl had a great time!

Learning about the cave.
At this point I thought, whoopee... That was a long hike for this little thing.

And then the ranger started walking further back into the cave.

Then she turned us around a different direction and went even further back into the cave.

She showed us a dragon,
stalactites and
stalagmites,

and a column or two! Turns out this "little thing" is not so little after all.
Grace's class

Proof I was there.

Taking a water break after we made our way out.

Grace and our ranger, Jamie, aka "The boss"

A view from the top

It was SO nice to have this many adult helpers on this field trip! It would not have been possible without them.

Grace the explorer
I had a really good time with Grace yesterday. It was nice to have some time "alone" together.
2 comments:
this seems sooo cool, u have to give me the details so i can try to do it with our crew!
I am so glad you posted the pictures. It was a great trip.
Post a Comment