Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Spidergirl

David went to the gym after work today so the kids and I headed out a little early to meet him there.  We've been here once before and saw this gigantic wall, but didn't learn until recently that they let the kids climb on it too.  Grace has a natural ability to climb, but she's only done kid size rock walls (and gigantic rocks in AZ) in the past.

But, she was not deterred by this monstrosity.
She headed right over and gave it a once over to see where best to start.
 
It took spidergirl just a few tries to get the hang of it and she was scaling it.
 
Mind you, I got up this high and was frightened when I looked down.
I had to climb half-way back down before I could fall back onto the mats.
I would say it's a good 8+ feet high, because at this height I can't reach her.
 
Tristan, who has no survival instinct in the water, decided it was best for him to stick to the ground and play a little basketball (until his sister came and stole the ball).
 
David came and joined us and finished up his workout - with a little help from his son.
 
Then he thought he'd to try to show his daughter up but then decided that probably wasn't a good idea "because of his back."  (I think it's cuz he was afraid Grace would show him how it's done)

So he decided to practice calf roping on his precious little boy...
We really thought about leaving him like this for a while... It would keep him out of all sorts of mischief!
 
Tristan finally decided to give the wall a go, but quickly gave into it's intimidating size...

We had fun and the kids have asked to go back, but next time I think I'll inquire whether or not they have harnesses... then Grace could climb as high as she wished and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

No comments:

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...