Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Baking

Another thing that the holiday steering committee thought would be a nice gesture was to provide all the single soldiers in the Battalion a goodie bag full of home baked goods.  It sounded like a wonderful idea to me, because I knew my mom would be here, and I know how much she loves to bake with the kids.  That meant that we could make a bunch of different kinds of cookies and I wouldn't have to have but a dozen or so of each kind in the house.
Peppermint Candy Cane Cookies
While these three worked on the candy canes, I was making oatmeal-honey cookies. 
The kids really enjoyed decorating the sugar cookies this year - and they didn't make a huge mess!  
I really didn't want to give any of these away.


We are going to have a couple of the soldiers who have duty that night deliver bags of goodies to over 150 soldiers in the barracks.  Hopefully they will like what "Santa" hung on their doors when they get up Christmas morning.


No comments:

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...