Sunday, April 15, 2012

China - Day One

We have been talking about going to China for a good six months, and our trip finally happened.  One of the nice things about homeschooling is that I gathered all the information I had about China and added it to the curriculum the week before we left.  It was so much fun to see the recognition on their faces and hear "Hey!  We learned about that!" 

So, here is day one:
Ready for her first plane ride! 
At the Beijing Airport 

Dinner - yummo!
I don't think we had a bad meal the entire time we were there. 
Grass carp 
Duck 
Showing us how to make/eat Peking Duck.
Who knew the Chinese ate burritos?
After dinner we went to an acrobatics show. 
These girls juggled, tossed, and spun these balls - all with their feet! 
And this gal was able to make a basket just by bending her legs and twisting her feet!
It took her several tries, but she would bounce the ball on each platform several times, and eventually made it all the way into the basket! 
This guy was standing upright on a ladder, and walked around the stage on it a bit too. 
He didn't even wobble! 


I'm doing my best to get through the pictures as quickly as I can, but there's close to 1800 (thanks to the addition of about 400 from my 2 little shutterbugs) for me to choose from.  So just know there will be LOTS of pictures posted in the near future!

No comments:

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...