Monday, October 29, 2012

Spouse Ride

Today we had a chance to get a little taste of what our husband's do.  We started the morning with some physical fitness training.
The girls of the 532nd MI Bn. 
MAJ Skells and SFC Samuelson never looked so good!
 
Then it was off to the indoor range where we had to don IBA (Individual Body Armor) and kevlar prior to shooting our weapons.
Our targets 
I really enjoyed shooting, but I have a whole new respect for what they have to go through in wearing all the protective gear they have to wear!  It's tough to get into a comfortable shooting position with that vest on - not to mention the kevlar always falling in my line of sight! 
I finally gave up on the kevlar. 
Then we got to "fire" the gun on top of the LMTV 
The aircraft David used to fly on.
It was interesting to see the interior and see David's old office, and I even got to sit in the cockpit. 
Receiving an unclassified briefing on the aircraft. 
 
It was a fun day with the ladies and getting to learn a little about what our husbands do on a day to day basis.

No comments:

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...