Day two started early at the Cha Gal Chi Fish Market. This is the biggest fish market you have ever laid eyes upon! It goes on forever, with all different kinds of fish and shellfish.
Our first sight of note was this shark's head
Octopus escaping!
Can anyone say fresh mollusks?
(on a side note, I had to look up mollusks to see if I was spelling it right and make sure I remembered correctly what they were, did you know that octopus and squid are considered mollusks too?)
Big squid
Tons of fried whole fish
Gutting squid
Squid eyeballs - I know, gross! But intriguing all at the same time.
Dried, salted fish.
My kids love these things! (Gag!!)
We walked down a side street after leaving the fish market and ran into this taxidermy shop. I offered to buy the rooster for my sister-in-law to display in her kitchen, as it's decorated with roosters. I don't belive I've heard from her since then... Hmmm...
Now it's off to the cliffs of Taejongdae...
No comments:
Post a Comment