I don't remember much of my time here in Korea when I was a child, but I do remember my parents telling me that there were no fast food restaurants. In fact, the story goes that the first place we ate when we got back to the States was McDonalds. Well, these are some of the sights we see today:
Not that I eat it, but it cracks me up the things that are packaged around the world. In addition to SPAM, I've seen Frosted Flakes, Doritos, Nestle Quick, Oreos, and countless others.
The bus stop to get home was right in front of this establishment...
My children will never have to be deprived (darn - I was hoping to stay away from these places for as long as possible!).
In addition to the above pictures, we have seen Papa Johns, Burger King, KFC, and Starbucks. We have yet to eat at any of these places when we're out and about, but it is a far sight different that 30+ years ago! Which is kind of a good thing since I have been craving American food lately... But I'm also loving the kimchi...
No comments:
Post a Comment