I was buckling Tristan in (normally he does this himself, but he had just woken up from a nap and I didn't really feel like fighting with him to get it done), and messing around with him a little bit when I hear this BANG! CRASH! and a chilling shattering sound. When I stepped back and looked, this is what I found...
The door just in front of this completely shattered window is where I was standing.
We never did find out what the weedwacker kicked up and pitched my way - but I'm pretty sure it was a boulder by the sound it made when it hit my window.
I immediately picked up my phone and called my knight in shining armor to come rescue me. He thankfully had ridden his bike to work that morning and was able to ride over to see what had happened (and ended up having to go get Grace off the bus since neither of us were going to be there to pick her up at the bus stop when she got close to home). I had to notify the MPs which in itself was nerve wracking - you see, I don't have my Korean driver's license yet, but we've been told by a "master driver" that I am able to drive for up to 30 days after my arrival with my current license. And if that's incorrect information, well, I can play dumb really well when I need to, so no biggie - except my wallet was at home... Oh, boy - I could see this thing going down hill really quickly. But we got it all straightened out without either David or I getting in trouble for me not having a license. The contracting company is going to pay to have my window replaced and they were extremely apologetic. Now I just have to figure out where I can get parts for my American made vehicle in this foreign land I now live in. But not to worry - we've got it fixed for now...
My "fixed" window - can't tell there's a redneck in my family can you?
Believe it or not, the only tape the closest shop had was black duct tape, and if we could have just curved it around the edges up front you would hardly notice it was there (silver would've been so much cooler)!
It became quite the interesting afternoon, but I am just so very, very thankful that it was that window. I keep thinking - what if I hadn't been playing around with Tristan for that extra minute? It could have been his window that got hit as I was backing out... or what if that object had hit me in the back of the head? All I can say is Lord, thank you for protecting me and my little boy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment