Friday, September 9, 2011

Tristan's First "Gone" Tooth

We've had a big week of firsts this week!   Tristan lost his first tooth Tuesday night, and started his first day of school Wednesday morning!
His lower right tooth has been pretty loose since the first week of August.  I picked him up from VBS one day and his smile looked just a tad different, because one of his teeth looked out of place.  So, when we got home I checked it out and sure enough, he had a loose tooth.  He was extremely exciteed, but not excited enough to let us pull it out.
He kept saying that he just wanted to let it fall out, but Tuesday night it was practically sideways in his mouth, so I decided it had to come out.  Since David never got to pull any of Grace's teeth, he wanted to take care of Tristan's.  It was a little tougher than he thought, and Tristan was a little apprehensive, despite Grace telling him that it only hurt for a second.
David sent him my way after a couple of unsuccessful attempts, and after a couple more tugs we got it out with just a few squeals.
Putting it in his tooth pillow.


He was so darned proud! He ran over to his sister and said, "Look Gracie!  I have a gone tooth too!"

No comments:

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...