Saturday, May 8, 2010

Busy Friday

Today we had a crazy busy day at school! We started the morning with the Walk-a-Thon which raises money for the Student Council.

Grace's class

Tristan's class

Taking a well deserved break
(all told, Grace walked 8 laps, which amounts to about 2 miles)

I had to throw in at least one that had a beautiful view in it!


That afternoon we had a fire drill, and then Grace's class went out and released their butterflies.
Saying a prayer for their safety and thanking God for them.

Mrs. Gord coaxing them out - that blur in the lower center of the picture is actually one of the butterflies.

They let all but one go. The last one had fallen to the bottom of the net while it was in the process of making it's chrysalis, and never quite completed it. Everyone thought that it was dead, but miraculously it hatched from it's partially made chrysalis, but it had a malformed wing. The children agreed that God gave them that butterfly to take care of, so they would leave it in the net and care for it until the end of school. Oh the way God has come through for this class! They may have had to deal with the loss of their teacher, but they have had many examples of God's love for us and His creation.
Then, after school I came home to give a cake decorating lesson - at least that's what my friend Courtney called it... For me it was a chance to visit with a beautiful lady before she and her family venture off to Colorado (I tried to talk them into Korea, but they didn't go for it), and an opportunity to share my knowledge (little as it is) about something I really enjoy doing.
We made up this lovely princess for her little girl who is turning 5. This is becoming my "signature cake" I guess, since I've made it three times for three different princesses.


Wish I could take credit for the bow, but that was all Courtney - she's a natural if she'd just give it a shot!

Thanks Courtney for a wonderful afternoon - I'm sure going to miss you!

1 comment:

Diane said...

What a beautiful cake--you are so talented at cake decorating---It is so fun to decorate cakes for your little ones. I use to decorate cakes for Rae, Sarah and Josh when they were little. ----many years ago. God Bless you!!

Henri Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial

While we were at the wreath laying ceremony, David spoke with a Dutch family who was able to give us information on how to find where his gr...